Saturday, November 30, 2013

Editing and re-writing Rooms

I'm spending a lot of time editing and re-writing sections of my novel, Rooms.  It's laborious at times and at others interesting and even exciting.  I know that I'm growing and changing as a writer because of the amount of time that I'm able to spend at it.

I'm working out the small inconsistencies that I've discovered, am doing a lot of just basic "fixing", and doing my best to make my words and phrases smooth and clear and interesting.  I really enjoy putting words together that create pictures and feelings.

I think I'll probably finish this re-write by January and then I'll read it once more and  see if I can get a publisher interested.

I'm enjoying the whole process more than I thought I would, but I'll be glad when I can say I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment