Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Rooms' Update & A Poem: "Lunar Magic"


Before reading the Poem, "Lunar Magic," you can learn more about what's happening with Rooms by reading below.

ROOMS
by Bob Stegner

(Trish Steele)

Well, the decision is made. I will be self-publishing my first full novel, Rooms, within a month or so on Amazon and Barnes and Noble. It will be published in paperback as well as a Kindle version and e-book.

During the last week or so, I have been editing it again. I looked carefully for everything that I could think of including the logic within scenes as well as across the story, character development, phrasing, grammar, punctuation, and conversation. I've worked especially hard on the first two chapters, as they were written a while ago, and I have learned a great deal about writing since then. I believe that they now both fit the writing style within the rest of the novel better, read more easily and are simply more fun. I am also working on hiring a professional illustrator to do the cover. I hope that works out.

I will let you know when it is published, but I would encourage you to read the teaser and the excerpt from chapters 1-2 below. Both of these have changed. Don't forget to check out Wheatgrass: An Irish Fantasy, too, if you haven't yet.


Wheatgrass: An Irish Fantasy published and for sale on Amazon.com
Paperback - $3.23
Kindle version - $0.99 


Poem



(Skogsoy)



Lunar Magic


A speck of luminescence
Spreading rays of calm
Across the dark earth
Across our eyes

A Soft radiance
Bouncing from leaf to leaf
Pushing shadows
Into the deep of night

A song of hope
A melody in the darkness
Causing eyes to gaze up
Causing lips to curl and smile

A grand dot
Punctuating a black canvas
Splashing quiet and white
From horizon to horizon

The sky’s pupil
Oscillating with the seasons
Grabbing earth’s oceans
Moving the tides

Lunar Magic
Playing tricks on our minds
Changing and creating
An enchanted, mythical night
Copyright © Bob Stegner 2008

Image of Door:
Trish Steel [CC-BY-SA-2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
Image of Moonlight:
Skogsoy. Moonlight and the Sea. Digital image. Commons.wikimedia.org. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Aapr. 2014. <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/file:Skogsoy_moonlight.JPG>.

No comments:

Post a Comment