Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Rooms Update / Poem: The Candle Flame

Before reading the Poem, "The Candle Flame," you can learn more about what's happening with Rooms by reading below.

ROOMS
by Bob Stegner

(Trish Steele)

I have been doing the final edit on Rooms, and Greg Opalinskiwho will be doing the cover design and artwork for the novel, has been working hard on the cover. It's been fun working with him, and I'm more excited every day about seeing the finished cover.


Rooms will be published on Amazon in a few weeks. I'll let you know on this blog when it happens.


Wheatgrass: An Irish Fantasy published and for sale on Amazon.com
Paperback - $3.23
Kindle version - $0.99 




Poem




(Cain)


The Candle Flame


The calm
In a candle flame
Casting warmth on the walls
In a darkened room

The music plays
The mind wanders
The candle
Constantly confined
Yet serenely there
With me

Meditative, ancestral thoughts
Pervade and pause
In truth

Oh soft, luxurious flame
Oh round, aspiring flame
Oh small, pinpoint in the night
Take my soul
Take me
To the other side
Yet teach this side
Of existence

Reminiscent of wind
Of rain
Of dark
Of a moonlit night
In a forest
As your glow seeks out
My eyes
Reflecting back to someone

Who is speaking
Through the flame
Casting knowledge
Hope
Universal truths
While lying there
Just a fingertip away
Beyond my corporeal reach

Even closing my eyes
I see you there
With me
Surrounding me
Guiding me
Home

A candle flame
A hearth fire
Wood crackling
In a rock hewn wring
A tree with soft lights
At Christmas
The twinkling of windows
From a city
The soft glow in her eyes
As she smiles

The candle flame
 Is
That peaceful place
I will understand
Someday 

Copyright © Bob Stegner 2006

Image of Door:
Trish Steel [CC-BY-SA-2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

Image of Candle Flame:
Cain, Ricky. Candle Flame. Digital image. Ricky Cain. Flickr, 9 Sept. 2012. Web. 13 May 2014. <https://www.flickr.com/photos/ricky1146/7975340370/>
Creative Commons License Page:  https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment