Tuesday, November 3, 2015

New Fantasy Novel CAVE OF DREAMS: Foundation Laid

Cave of Dreams 


Foundation Laid

From AD 500 to 2010 to the most current time in the book of 2022, the foundation of my new historical fantasy, CAVE OF DREAMS, has been laid out in the first ten chapters along with some interesting plot twists.

I just finished chapter ten and have brought in all the major players that will be involved in the book. I've also tied together most of the plot segments that started in the first book of the series (BEATRICE) and will continue in this one.

The work that I've done on each chapter to this point has been a slow and deliberate process, enlivening and developing the story as well as setting the tone and creating a strong feeling of place. I've included history that will influence the plot throughout and brought the Bauman family back in as well as the mysterious character that appeared at the end of Beatrice. She's back in this story in a big way.

I'm excited about the novel, and I think that it will be a long and detailed book with multiple plot lines and a variety of interesting characters. I'm truly enjoying the work as well as being in Scotland again - in my mind!


No comments:

Post a Comment