Monday, January 22, 2018

"M": The Convergence Of Two Plot Lines





In my latest fantasy/science fiction/international intrigue novel"M", I have two significant plot lines that have been unraveling since the beginning of the book. I just completed chapter 12 and have written a little over 50,000 words. The two plot lines will soon begin to converge.

One of them has been the resurrection of two medieval characters in Wales and England. The second, the development of a major international incident, which has taken place in Russian Siberia.

The final steps bringing these together will occur in chapters 13 and 14. I'm really pleased with the story development at this stage and am very much looking forward to melding the two plot lines into one.

There has been a tremendous amount of research involved in "M", and the two stories within the book have been very unique and different in tone as well as substance and setting. I'm looking forward to completing it, especially considering my style of writing. Before I start a book, I generally know the beginning and end and how I'm going to get there. I know some of the characters as well, but as I write, I see the story in my mind, like a movie, and many times the plot will take twists and turns that I never expected. It makes it a lot more fun to write and allows for the book to evolve as I write it. I like not having everything figured out ahead of time.

I know it's going to take at least another year or so before it's released, but I can hardly wait for you to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment