Sunday, July 19, 2026

Camping, Promotional Work In Oregon, & The Beginning Of A New Book!

 

Some pics from my time camping along the Oregon Coast!







After traveling to Europe and staying in Poland and Scotland, I came home and spent time camping along the Oregon Coast. What a gorgeous place!

While I was there, I finished revising and republishing Merlin & Arthur: The Awakening and also began doing some promotional work for all six of my books. I successfully placed them in libraries in two different towns along the coast; they will also be sold in two different bookstores once I provide them with copies to sell. Both are exciting ways for people to be exposed to and discover my writing!

In addition, I've started doing research for my next book and am almost ready to begin the first draft of the manuscript. I have determined the timeframe of the story, the location, and have a real sense of the general direction of the plot. I've also determined a great deal about the protagonist, some of the other characters, and how I will set the tone and setting of the story from the very beginning.

There is much that I can't share with you yet, but I can say that this book will be a fantasy set in ancient Ireland, not in Scotland this time. It will be as authentic as possible while still telling a fanciful and captivating tale.

I'll let you know more after I get further into the manuscript, which is when my stories actually take shape and form in a more concrete way, and my imagination begins to spark and thrive as the characters, plot, and setting become more and more real in my mind.

We’ll talk more soon! Exciting times! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment