Tuesday, April 1, 2014

ROOMS, WHEATGRASS & SIX HAIKUS


Before reading the Six Haikus, learn more about Rooms and Wheatgrass: An Irish Fantasy by reading below.


(Amazon)




Rooms has been entered in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award contest and has made it to the second round of judging. I'll find out on April 14th if I go on to the quarter-finals!


Wheatgrass: An Irish Fantasy published and for sale on Amazon.com
Paperback - $3.23
Kindle version - $0.99 



Six Haikus

Writing Haikus to me is more a feeling than following a set of rules.  Sometimes I pay attention to the 5/7/5 syllable rule; sometimes I don't. I always use three lines, though, as I believe that brevity is the quintessential element of a Haiku as well as creating images, which are sometimes in juxtaposition.



1
In blue-haze night dreams
Her form melds with mine
Close, warm, and calming


2
A wooden, solid, rocker
Glides and moves
A stationary meditation in progress


3 
He is not alone
He gazes out towards his life
Smiling his memories

4
Sitting picking grass
A bright tundra etched morning
Everything's alive

5
Spring appears in time
Popping blooms across green ground
Watering eyes laugh

6
Another yummy lunch
Comfort food warm and cozy
Let's do this again

Copyright © Bob Stegner 2014

Amazon Contest Logo image from:
http://www.amazon.com/b?node=332264011


No comments:

Post a Comment