Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Rooms Book Cover & Publishing Update / New Book / Next Book / Poem: "60 Years"

ROOMS Book Cover


Well, here is the cover of Rooms! If you click on the image of the cover above, you can see a larger version of it. 

Greg Opalinski did an outstanding job and truly captured the feeling of Rooms for the reader. He was wonderful to work with and is obviously a real talent. The book will be sold on Amazon in both the U. S. and many other parts of the world. You will be able to purchase it in both paperback and the Kindle eBook version. I'll let you know as soon as it's available. It may be a week or so yet, but it will be out soon!



New Book: "Beatrice"


(Forest)

My new book, Beatrice, is now over 51,000 words, and I just completed chapter 20. Each chapter now gets more and more fun to write as I near the end of the book. It looks like the final chapter will be chapter 23 or 24.

For anyone new to reading my blog, Beatrice is a very different book from Rooms. It's a Fantasy/Mystery/Thriller with lots of twists and turns and questions that will make you wonder as you move deeper into the plot. It's interesting because even though the general direction of the story can be seen early on, those questions will keep you wondering until their finally answered.

I have a lot of rewriting and editing ahead, but I am enjoying seeing the story come together. This book is really fun to write!

Next Book: Sequel to Rooms
I've begun planning my next novel. I've known for a while that I'd like to work on a sequel to Rooms, and I have a plan  started and will begin work on it when I've finished Beatrice. It will be a while, but I thought I'd let you know. I even think I have the title for it, but I won't let that out for a while.

Poem
As I near the publishing of my first adult novel, my mind goes to my mom and dad. They have traveled on to brighter lights and a place of harmony and balance that goes beyond earthly understanding, but I still feel them most days and hear them as they talk to me and help me along my path. I know they're proud of what I've accomplished, so I wanted to share a poem that I wrote for them on their 60th wedding anniversary.

60 Years



Seasons play our lives
Like a fine ballad
Weaving melody and harmony
Between laughter and thought

The first note came forth
Played in glorious celebration
As a birthday begun
With song and love

Motherhood
Protects, provides, nourishes
Fatherhood
Protects, provides, nourishes

I, a note in life’s pop-ballad
Mother, coaxing the song from my lungs
Father, showing me honesty, laughter, and work
Family, singing of home

60 years of laughter, worry, and music
60 years together
60 years as one
60 years bringing each other love

My Mom
My Dad
No one knows me better
No one loves me more

Mom and Dad

I love you!

Copyright © Bob Stegner 2006


Tree/Moon Image from: 
Forest Blue Moonlight Wallpapers.. Digital image. Travelization. N.p., 30 June 2012, Web. 16 Mar. 2014. <www.travelization.net>.


No comments:

Post a Comment