Monday, July 21, 2014

Rooms / Agent Search / Beatrice Update

Cover Illustration and Design by Greg Opalinski


Below are some of the first reviews that have come in from Amazon and Goodreads for my science fiction novel, Rooms, since it was published about three weeks ago.

*****
I started Rooms one evening and found the story line engaging and the characters interesting. The next day I picked it up again planning to read for a bit. A third of the way in I couldn't stop--reading all day until finished. The characters became more and more real. The diversity and fullness of the plot held me.

Stegner touches on many issues--environmental, political, social, moral & spiritual. In the process he has also created just a darn good story. It engaged me in ways I did not expect and left me wanting a sequel!


*****
The story line/plot found in this novel grabs you from the very beginning and holds your attention to the point you cannot put it down. It has twists and turns that will take a reader by surprise. The book highlights many important social and cultural concerns that really need to be addressed today as our world moves forward through time to an uncertain future. This novel is destined to become a movie - Order it now --- you are in for a very interesting ride through time and space.

*****
Beautiful, deep story that captures your imagination. As you read the book, more and more elements of the plot come into play. The unique feature of the book is that it is not only a story written to entertain a reader but is also a deep, wise and touching story that will make you think about the world that we live in, what it is and what should be really important in our lives.

*****
What a great ride and adventure! You see people give books reviews all the time where they say they couldn't put the book down, well don't start reading unless you want to stay up all night with this one. Excellent writing style, you really get to know and care about the characters. It also really makes you think about what if. Love it!!

To find the book on Amazon, you can click the links below.


Paperback on Amazon
Kindle eBook on Amazon


Agent Search: This has finally begun
It has taken me a long time, but I've finally started to search for an agent. I completed my agent query for Rooms and sent out six of those the other day. I'm going to try to send a few out each day. If anything happens with that, I'll let you know.


New Book: "Beatrice" - First Draft is Complete

(Forest)

The first draft of my new book, Beatrice, is finished. The completed draft is about 72,000 words. As always, when I complete the editing process, I'm sure it will be longer.

Right now, I'm just reading it through without making any changes, and I'm getting ideas about what I want to do to improve it, but I'm very happy with how it's hanging together and the story as a whole. It's fun and changes tempo and focus throughout, while telling the overall story. I'm learning my craft, one day, one page at a time!

As I've mentioned before, the climax was really fun to write, as well as the last chapter, wrapping everything up. I will publish Beatrice when I'm done on Amazon, and my catalog of books will begin to grow.

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to enter Beatrice in this year's Amazon Breakout Novel Contest. I'm looking forward  to it.

Tree/Moon Image from:
Forest Blue Moonlight Wallpapers.. Digital image. Travelization. N.p., 30 June 2012, Web. 16 Mar. 2014. <www.travelization.net>.

No comments:

Post a Comment