Wednesday, July 30, 2014

New Book: Second Draft Completed

New Book: "Beatrice" - Second Draft is Complete


(Forest)

The second draft of my new book, Beatrice, is finished. This draft went from 72,000 to 76,000 words, and there are now twenty-eight chapters. As I thought, the book got bigger with each edit. That seems to be a trend.

Ever since I started this book, the ending was something that bothered me. I just wasn't sure what I would do to end it. The rest of the book had been very intricate and each chapter seemed to almost write itself, but not the ending.


I finished, but wasn't satisfied. The final chapter just didn't work. It obviously was bothering me because one night I dreamed a different ending, and that was it. I got up that night and wrote down the idea. The next morning, I was finally excited about how I would end it, and then I spent time adding and changing to make it right. I'm very pleased now. I'm going to publish the book within a couple of weeks, and then I'm going to stop writing for a while. I'm a bit burned out.

I've planned a sequel to Rooms and now Beatrice has a sequel as well. That wasn't planned from the beginning, but now I know it has to happen.

After I get Beatrice published, I'm going to concentrate only on my agent/publisher search and writing in my blog, and as I mentioned in my last post, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to enter Beatrice in this year's Amazon Breakout Novel Contest. I'm looking forward  to it.

When Beatrice is finally finished and published on Amazon, I'll let you know. I'm really looking forward to it. I think my writing is improving every day, and it will be fun to see how it does.

Also, if you haven't yet, please don't forget to check out Rooms and Wheatgrass: An Irish Fantasy on Amazon.

Tree/Moon Image from:
Forest Blue Moonlight Wallpapers.. Digital image. Travelization. N.p., 30 June 2012, Web. 16 Mar. 2014. <www.travelization.net>.

No comments:

Post a Comment