Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Looking For An Agent

Before I discuss my search for an agent, I just want to remind you that if you haven't yet, please check out my three books on the right side of this blog and the links below each. You can also see and purchase them on Amazon by clicking on the cover of each of the books.

AGENT SEARCH

First of all, before I submitted anything to an agent, I did quite a bit of research on how to write a query letter. I referenced several sources for this. One of the websites that I used was this one

Then in order to find agents that deal with the types of books that I write, I've been using the Association of Authors' Representatives, INC. to locate them, and before I send them anything, I read their submission guidelines carefully. I know from all the reading that I've done that it's important to follow those, as they are often a little different for each agent. Also, it seems that most agents now prefer that you send them your materials in the body of an email.

The last two days I've sent out probably thirty emails to agents. I'll continue this for a few more days, and then I plan to get back to work on my writing.

I am very new to this, so it will be interesting to see what types of responses that I get. I know that it's going to be a learning process.

If you have any suggestions or websites that you've used, or if you have an agent that you know of that looks at science fiction or fantasy, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment