Friday, September 26, 2014

New Book - Continuing the Rooms Series & Agent Search


New Book

I've finished my agent emails for now and have decided to continue the Rooms' Adult Science Fiction Series with Book II, titled THE CHOSEN. The cover above may not be what I will use as the final cover, but it's part of what Greg Opalinski  did for the first book of the series, Rooms. I really liked Greg's work, so I'm using this for now.

I just started the new book yesterday and have the general plan mapped out. It will continue the story from Rooms and have many of the same characters, but will have more action, more about Loon, the Earth, the lifeglobes around the galaxy, and an epic struggle for the future of humankind.

Writing this new book will be my first sequel and will be a challenge that I welcome and am very excited about.


Agent Search

I have more that I can do to search for agents, but I will stop for now and work on THE CHOSEN. I've submitted about forty email queries for both Rooms and Beatrice, and at this point, I just need to wait and see what happens. I'm crossing my fingers, but I also know that these things take time and that I will receive many rejection letters. It's just the way it is.

I remember when I sent out the songs that I wrote to publishers. The same thing happened, and then through some connections, I was able to get my second album published through a publisher in New York. That took a lot of patience and time as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment