Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Hello To My Readers Around the World & Progress On My New Book


Readers Around the World

I first of all wanted to just say hi to the many people from all over the world that have been reading my blog. Below are some of the countries where you're located. I really appreciate your interest and support! If you don't see your country listed and it should be, please let me know; and if you need to translate the blog into your native language, you can do so by using the drop down menu at the bottom of the right side of the page.
  • United States
  • Poland
  • Ukraine
  • France
  • Turkey
  • Germany
  • Denmark
  • China
  • Russia
  • United Kingdom
  • Spain
  • Netherlands
  • Belgium
  • Romania
  • Taiwan
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Italy
  • Canada
  • Brazil
  • Indonesia
  • Mexico
  • Vietnam
  • Thailand
  • Colombia
  • Austria
  • Macau
  • Ireland
  • India
  • Singapore
I would also like to draw your attention to the right side of my blog where the Popular Posts section is located. That's where you can discover which posts have been viewed the most by you during the last thirty days. And something that I've found extremely interesting is that the post with my poem The Tent has been at the top of this list every month. If you haven't read it yet, click on it and take a look. It's a very sensual poem about being outside in the desert in a tent. It's definitely one of my favorites!



New novel: THE CHOSEN - Book II of the Rooms' Series



I have actually completed the first two chapters of THE CHOSEN and am continuing to add details to the plan for the book. The first chapter's title is The Tower and the second chapter is called The Reboot Ceremony. I can tell that this book is probably going to be my longest so far, and I'm learning and understanding more and more about what types of scenes create interest and excitement for the reader.

I don't know about other authors, but for me, I think my strength lies in the last 2/3 of my books. For some reason, I'm especially proud of the the way I've ended them. My readers have talked about this, and I've felt the same way. It just seems that the further I get into a book the more creative and dynamic the plot becomes and the better I understand the characters and where I want to go with the story. Because of this, one of my most important writing goals is to do more to add these same elements to the first third of the book, especially the first 2-3 chapters.

In THE CHOSEN, I believe I've achieved that goal, for the first two chapters at least. It could be because I already have a good understanding of the characters and plot because of the first book in the series, which in this case was Rooms; but I also think that achieving this is something that comes from experience and from continuing to write a lot. I just seem to understand how to do this in a more concrete way now. I'll let you know how it goes with the rest of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment