Sunday, August 2, 2015

New Fantasy Novel CAVE OF DREAMS: Chapter 4 Quote


CAVE OF DREAMS



Below, I've included a quote from the first paragraph of chapter 4 of my new fantasy novel, CAVE OF DREAMS. I've been working on it now for about a month. It's going slowly, but I'm having a great time writing it, and I wanted to share this with you.

His sight, as he dreamed and stumbled through a world beyond knowing, was like a patterned collage of images, moments, and times from the past, present and future. Most in color and as real as the creases in his own hand, but some in black and white, flat and two-dimensional like white cave drawings swirling about on black walls. Each picture held meaning and foresight, but only if he could truly see and understand them; only if he could sort them, classify and arrange them in a way that would bring insight and coalesce into prophecy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment