Friday, April 1, 2016

BLACK GROTTO: Update

BLACK GROTTO 


Update: Chapter 28 Is Finished


I just finished chapter 28 of my new fantasy novel, BLACK GROTTO. The title of the chapter is "Alone", and the book is now almost 130,000 words. I have one chapter and an Epilogue left to write, and I've been working on this book ever since May of 2015.

Recently, I've begun looking at how I write each chapter much differently. I still plan the entire book, generally, and make sure that the details and events in each chapter connect well with those in the rest of the book, but I'm also beginning to look on each one more critically as a story in and of itself - a story with a solid beginning, middle, and end. It takes me longer to write each of them as I flesh out every word, sentence, and paragraph to a greater degree, but hopefully through that process, the reader will enjoy the book more and be able to actually see the scenes and characters much more clearly. For me, this has been a wonderful "C-Change" in the way I write, and my work on BLACK GROTTO has precipitated this new way of thinking.

Also, I can tell that my vocabulary, phrasing, and the way I write conversations are all improving, which is making the job of writing more fun and creatively interesting for the reader and for me.

I'm extremely excited to release this new fantasy book for you to read, and I hope it won't be too long before it's available. I'll let you know more as time goes on.



No comments:

Post a Comment