Monday, November 13, 2017

New Quote from M: Dream Sequence





Below, I have included a quote from my latest fantasy/science fiction novel"M".

This quote is a dream sequence for one of the characters near the end of chapter 10.

Enjoy!

     The opaque, black clouds covered the sun, and lightning bolts were erupting from the rise overlooking the battlefield. The dead on both sides lay strewn about like decaying leaves on dark, bloodstained soil after a great and violent storm. I saw myself lying there amongst my comrades - a sword wound leaking blood from my side, and a young warrior crumpled over a spear nearby. One end of the spear was penetrating his chest, and the other, I was holding in my right hand. I knew I had killed him, and he…he had dealt with me with his sword. I, too, would soon die. Then a voice called to me. I glanced up and saw a saint kneeling over me. His hand was on my shoulder. His white hair and beard created a halo around his face. I could feel his power and thought for a moment that I knew him. He then said my name again and again and shook me as if to call me back from the dead…

No comments:

Post a Comment