Sunday, February 16, 2014

Rooms Update / Wheatgrass Sample / Started A New Book / A Poem

To everyone who has been reading my blog
I've noticed that people from all over the world have been visiting.  It would be great to hear from you! Please, either comment or use my author email below.

ROOMS
by Bob Stegner

(Trish Steele)

ROOMS UPDATE
I wanted to share with you that I've been thinking a lot about a possible sequel to Rooms.  I've been working on some ideas.

Below are five links.  Clicking on any of these will give you a better idea of what Rooms and Wheatgrass: An Irish Fantasy are about.


Wheatgrass: An Irish Fantasy
To learn more about Wheatgrass, click and read either the Teaser or the Chapters 1-2 Sample below. If you would like a copy of the complete book, it's been published on Amazon.com in both paperback and kindle versions. Simply click on the book cover to go to it on Amazon.

Wheatgrass: An Irish Fantasy published and for sale on Amazon.com
Paperback - $3.23
Kindle version - $0.99 



New Book
I started a new book.  I've been itching to begin something new since I finished Rooms.  I remembered a halloween story that I wrote for my students when I ran Peregrine School in Alaska.  It was titled Beatrice.  I loved reading it to them, but I lost it somewhere, so the other day I decided to start writing it again.  As I wrote, it began changing.  I could see a lot more happening and got excited, so I began doing some research. Now I think I might have my next book.  When I was a singer/songwriter, I loved to write many different types of songs, and I think I'm very much the same when it comes to prose or poetry.  This book will not be science fiction.  It will be a fantasy/mystery/thriller.  It will take place in a location in Europe in an old family mansion.  I'll let you know more as I get into it, but I think it's going to be a blast!!


POETRY

"Barren"
by Bob Stegner


Sitting quietly with myself
Beside a being I came
To be lonely with

Esconced in a sickening quiet
Of my own breathing
My heart pounded
An aching permeated
The core of me

I Yearned to touch and hold
My body screamed to feel passion and heat
A tender caress
A glancing swipe of a finger
A wondrous hand on my thigh
A gesture of real love

In this place
I was barren

How?
Did I decide to be there?
Did I choose that path?
Did I somehow deserve
Those moments consumed with
Torturous, frozen emptiness?

A void
Filled with words
Spoken and thought
Of daily routines
Of rehashed memories
Of tedious factual redunduncy
And anything
Yes, anything to fill the space
Between the throbbing beats of my heart

My soul screamed "NO..."
While I quietly sat and thought and yearned
For life

But then...
I accepted, hesitated, and dreamed of
Someone

Someone who might walk through a door
Someone who might smile and look deeply into me
Someone who felt what I did
Someone to love me
Really love me

But then...
My eyes lost focus
My mind dulled
My heart slowed
My senses faded
And I was there, in that room again
With her
Barren

Copyright © Bob Stegner 2008

Image of Door:
Trish Steel [CC-BY-SA-2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons


No comments:

Post a Comment