Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Letting You Know What's Been Happening!




ROOMS HAS BEEN REVISED
Well, it's been a very busy three weeks since my "Writer's Block" post. Yes, the writer's block went away, and I decided to finally do a major rewrite and edit of Rooms before starting on the sequel to Beatrice. The rewrite is done, and I'm very pleased.

After I completed The Chosen, my writing skills had improved by then, and I wanted to bring Rooms up to the same level as The Chosen. Since they are companion books, it was important that they match up. That's the reason for the rewrite of Rooms. I worked hard on the whole book with special emphasis on the first four chapters. I think the two work together better now, and I'm especially pleased with the new first chapter of Rooms.

I will let all of you know when the changes are published on Amazon in both the paperback and Kindle versions. If you have Rooms in the Kindle version, I would recommend that you wait for the post indicating that the updated version is live on Amazon.com in order to update it on your Kindle. I'll even tell you how to upgrade to the newer version in that post.

If you'd like to read the first three chapters of the new version, just go to the BOB'S BOOKS link at the top of the blog. You'll see the link to the revised chapters.

FIRST AMAZON REVIEW OF THE CHOSEN



An Excellent Read!
I was excited to read the author’s sequel to Rooms, and he did not disappoint me. I was thoroughly impressed by the author’s capacity to not only successfully weave an intricate plot, but to create a variety of complex characters and societies that enriched and promoted that plot. I was kept on the edge of my seat the entire time as I read of the struggle between the Loonites and The Chosen to gain control of the Earth’s newly regained resources, the tiny outposts scattered throughout the galaxy, and the human’s who inhabited them. Which society won the right to change the course of human history? I will never tell. However, I will say that it was worth reading the entire novel to find out.

HOW ARE THE AGENT QUERIES GOING?
If you've been following my blog, you'll know that a few weeks ago I sent out a lot of agent queries for both Beatrice and The Chosen. This is my second time to do this, and I've received a lot more responses than before. Also, the responses that I have received have been more instructive and personal. It's been more encouraging, but I still have no takers. It's just the nature of the business, and in the meantime, I'm doing my best to improve as a writer and storyteller. It's not easy to be rejected, but it's part of the process, and I'm determined to succeed. I'll keep writing, thinking, dreaming, and creating!

BOOK PROMOTIONS AND GIVEAWAYS
Also, recently I have run some promotions for all of my books on Amazon. Those promotions have not only increased my readership, but I've received more reviews, and I believe it has kept my books in front of the public because I've continued to sell books every month.

I will do more in that area soon. I'll let you know when that happens and what the nature of the promotions will be.

Thank You!
Thanks to everyone that has one of my books! I hope you have fun reading them! When you finish, if you could write a review, comment on my blog, or send me an email, I would really appreciate it!

And...if you haven't been to my Author's Page on Amazon, take a look by CLICKING HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment