Monday, May 4, 2015

Completing Promotional Projects and Beginning New Book

During the last three weeks

I have taken about three weeks off from writing to work on increasing my readership and sending my writing off to possible agents. I'm glad that I had the time to work on these promotional activities.

The number of people reading my books has increased, and I've started receiving new reviews of my work. I've also heard from some agents. The responses have been much more personal this time, and several have made suggestions. I hope to hear more and maybe one will decide to represent me. It will take quite a while to hear back. I sent out about 110 queries.

Next writing project

I have read some reviews of my work and may do a few revisions of Rooms. I've also heard back from some people about my latest book The Chosen, and the responses have been very positive.

My next big project will be to begin a new Fantasy book. It will follow Beatrice from a time perspective and will have some of the same characters. However, I will do my best to write it as a book that can be read independently of Beatrice. I've started doing the research that I need to do and have also begun crafting an outline and laying down some story ideas. It will be an extremely interesting, creative, and fun project. I'm excited to start.


No comments:

Post a Comment