Monday, February 22, 2016

Home From Scotland & A New Review Of Rooms


Writing in Edinburgh
I'm home from my trip to Scotland. I thought I'd try to finish my new fantasy book, Black Grotto, while I was there but didn't quite make it. I accomplished a lot, though, and I'm working on Chapter 24 now. I'll let you know how it goes.

I spent two weeks in Inverness and loved being there. It's right in the middle of the highlands and has a population of about 47,000. I worked every day, and also enjoyed the people, the culture, the music, the food, some good beer and a little whisky. But mostly, I loved working on the book. Being in Scotland added a lot to the writing.

The last week I was in Edinburgh, and most of my writing time was spent in the Scottish National Library. It was a very motivating and inspiring place to work. Also, every day I ate breakfast at a place called Mrs MacIntyre's Coffeehouse. It's run by a wonderful family. They had great food, and it was a cozy and warm place to start my day.

One of the owners of Mrs MacIntyre's, read my first science fiction book, Rooms, and wrote a review on their Facebook page. If you CLICK HERE, you'll be able to take a look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment