Thursday, December 5, 2019

Writing and Traveling in Europe!




I've been living in Inverness, Scotland now for almost two and half months and will be going to Vienna for Christmas and New Years. I've been waiting on the final edits of my new book, Merlin & Arthur: The Awakening, to be completed and in the meantime have been working on a new book. I still don't know what the title of that book will be, but it's the third and final book in the fantasy series entitled The Alban Saga. I've already included a short section from the beginning of that book in one of my recent blog posts.

I've been traveling in northern Scotland and writing. I love it here. It inspires me, and I feel a connection to the place, the people, and to Scotland's rich history. All of the books in The Alban Saga take place in Scotland and contain a lot of Scottish history as well as real settings all across Scotland. Being here allows me to soak up the culture and helps me a great deal with my research.

I will be in Europe until the summer of 2020, and I plan on continuing my travels not only to Vienna but to Poland, Ireland, and then back to Scotland again at the end of my trip. I also plan on continuing my work on the new book and should get Merlin & Arthur: The Awakening back from the editors sometime soon. When that happens, I'm looking forward to entering it into some sci-fi/fantasy writing contests as well as seeking out an agent and/or a publisher for it. The reaction I've received to it thus far has been very positive, and I believe it has a lot of potential. I'll let you know how all that goes.

As always, I want to thank all of you that read my books and follow my blog. Writing has become my passion. I work hard at it and love writing science fiction and fantasy! Thanks for coming on this journey with me!

Bob Stegner


No comments:

Post a Comment